Savvy Tips: Charity Shops

For a while I have been planning to post a little bunch of tips for the bargain fanatics out there! I often trawl through ebay, charity shops and car boots looking for amazing bargains! This is my buzz, I am well and truely hooked.
Firstly I decided to target Charity Shops, With Christmas now well out of the way people often overlook Charity Shops when going sales shopping, neglectfully forgetting where the real bargains lay.
People are notorious for shuffling all their unwanted Christmas gifts into a bag and taking them to their local Charity Branch, this prevents any family members knowing you secretly didnt like them, thus avoiding the awkwardness of saying so!
It is common for giftsets to be among the many things which make their way into the various aray of shops lining the quieter streets in your local town, which is a bonus for some! I picked up a huge beauticology set for just £2! this makes me a very happy lady. Aside from beauty sets, you will come across many more wonderful little treasures which simply didn't fit someones taste.
If you are looking for something super chic then stay put! Don't brush off Charity shops for being full of clutter, there are always gems to be found. Among my fav finds was a genuine Marc by Marc Jacobs Patent Cross body bag, and yesterday the crown jewels among my many finds.... A (What I presume to be...) Vintage YSL Gold Plated & Solid Silver Box Clutch which I snapped up at a mere £9.
Most of these shops have a small lockable glass cabinet and this is usually home to many chic gifts! Chanel shoes, DKNY Scarfs, I have even seen a Louis Vuitton Bag. Whatever your dream chic item may be you will eventually find something. Patience is a must.
Planning the days of your visits is also a clever trick, Obviously most stock is donated at the weekends when us Working sort are having a couple of days off, or on a Monday when people have been slogging and clearing out at the weekend.
Another of my fav little adventures when I trawl through is looking for trends resembling the soon to be season favourites! The oversized coats etc. I have had a lot of luck in this venture too! Then when I simply overwear something it can easily be put on ebay with some clever wording in the title relating to similar lines in high street stores and nine times out of ten you will make your money back plus a little extra for your pocket!
I hope these small little pointers helped you in some way, It all comes down to patience and luck and just keep checking!
Some of my Charity Shop finds
Emy xoxo

0 comments:

 

Instagram

Facebook

Meet The Author